Monday, January 9, 2012

Official Taste Tester

New year, new scrapbook pages. So far this year, I've been trying to finish the pages I started weeks (or in some cases, months) ago. I either couldn't settle on which paper to use or come up with the right title. This is one of those pages. I knew I wanted to use Crate Paper's "Farmhouse" line, but it took awhile for it to come together how I wanted it to. So the other night I sat down and made myself finish it. The fun part about finishing pages is showing them to my dad so he can see the pictures. His response is almost always, "Where did these pictures come from?".



No matter how many times I go digging through boxes of my Grandma's photos, I always find ones I've never seen before. Like the ones on this page. At first they were cute because my dad is standing on a kitchen chair helping my Grandma. Then when I looked closer, I realized my dad was eating in each one of the photos. He's either licking the spoon, munching on an ear of corn, or eating straight from the pot. Meanwhile, my Grandma's head is bent over the food working hard. I love these photos. It makes me kind of thankful my dad was an only child. I think if he had siblings these simple moments might not have been captured.

Here's a close up of some of the photos and the title. It seemed appropriate to title it "Official Taste Tester". I feel like it makes you look closer at the photos to see what's going on and helps tell the story.




The title is a combination of October Afternoon letter stickers and the Quickutz font "Paper Doll" which I used cork to cut the letters from.

No comments: