Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ticket to Ride

I want to start out by saying one thing... I love Crate Paper. Love the colors, love the patterns, and I love the textures. The papers are so versatile for current photos and older photos too. Which is perfect for me because I love scrapbooking older photos just as much as newer ones. I have been lucky to know and be related to some amazing people. My Grandparents, Great Aunt and Uncle, and my parents are some of my favorite subjects. For the people who have passed away, it gives me a chance to bring back the memories I have of them and save it all in a book where I can look at it anytime I want. It makes it seem like they are still with me, which some days is the best thing in the world. I'm also lucky that I've found some really cool photos. This page has example of a fun older photo of my Aunt Janet... using Crate Paper of course.



The paper is Crate's Emma Shoppe line. The butterflies are from a couple different Martha Stewart punches. I had fun using all the different papers and added some texture with a border punch and also just by tearing the paper. I've found it's easier to tear paper if you keep your hands close to the edge. It gives you more control. The title came out of the book "Inspiration Station" and is a combination of American Crafts' Thickers and October Afternoon alphabet stickers. The page is a pretty simple one, but all of the little details layered together gives it lots of interest.

Here are a few more detail close ups.


No comments: