Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snowcones, hockey fights, and mascots

Earlier this week, I saw My Mind's Eye had a new sketch challenge up on their blog so I decided to play along. Some of my favorite pages have come from doing their challenges. It's nice because it gives me a jumping off point, but then I usually try to see how I can spin it. For this one I simplified it a bit. I also combined two different My Mind's Eye lines, "Fun Day" and "Fine and Dandy" for a little bit of color.

Here's their sketch:


Here's my page:



The theme this time was "new" so I made my page about this year's New Year's Eve. Mom, Dad, and I went downtown for the Indiana Ice hockey game. It was a fun night. I had a snow cone, was bugged by the mascot while waiting in line for said snow cone, and saw a good fight. It was a quick fight, but the Ice player landed a few really good punches and to me; that's what counts. Plus, to top it all off the Ice won. So now it's nice to have a scrapbook page to remember the night by.

Here's a close up of the title and one of the little wood banners MME came out with. You can also see where I used vellum again to mat the photos. I used a zig-zag stitch around the circles because it's easier to to sew than the straight stitch when you're trying to turn the paper the whole time. It gives you more wiggle room for errors.



These little embellishments are from the "Fun Day" line too. The felt came in a border pack they have. I thought it was another cool texture to add in. Of course there's one of the brads and some chipboard buttons. My absolute favorites.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Love the colors! great job on the MME challenge!