Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bombdiggity: {adj} -A description of something that is better than excellent

Friday night I went scrapbooking with my Mom and was more productive at shopping than actually scrapbooking. I blame the fact on a brand new paper line. The new Dear Lizzy line, "Neapolitan" came in that afternoon. It's a really cute line. I bought several papers, a sticker sheet, a sticker book, the decorative wood buttons, and a cute little stamp set. It was all worth it though, because Sunday night I did a page using several of the pieces and some of my October Afternoon letters. It uses a picture from October 2010 when a friend and I were Downtown. It's a somewhat random picture so I wasn't sure how to scrapbook it, but I came across a fun quote on Pinterest and when you mix in fun papers you get a really fun page.



I had tried using my Cameo to cut out the title, but it had too many words and the letters were going to be too little. So instead I used my new grey mini market letters from October Afternoon. It took a little bit of time to get it all lined up, but I like how it adds to the layout. The cloud paper is a sheet of patterned vellum. It shows pattern really easily when layered on other papers so I backed it with white cardstock so the colors would stay vibrant.



Here's a close up of the decorative wood buttons from the Dear Lizzy line. The little blue one is from My Mind's Eye. For a little extra touch, I stitched them to the page with white embroidery floss. The little pink piece is from her sticker book. I like the little extra pop of color and how it adds another simple layer.

No comments: