Sunday, January 29, 2012

One paper line, Four pages

My goal recently was to finish up some 'in progress' pages that just needed the finishing details. I'm happy to report I was able to put three pages into my album last night. The funny thing is I realized two of them used October Afternoon's "Sidewalks" line. Then I flipped through my book a little further back and noticed a total of four in the past ten or so pages were from that line. I think I'm a fan. Even after making these four pages, I still have quite a few papers left from the line. It'll be fun to see how many more pages I can come up with.

This first one I posted just recently, but I wanted to show it with the others. I love how they all have the same pretty colors, but each one also has it's own feel because of the different patterns used. The first is very sweet and girlie.



The next one I did about my Grandma. Every summer at Quaker Haven Camp, they'd have "Keen Age Camp" and Grandma always looked forward to it. I'm pretty sure she went every year. We have a stack of group photos of the campers and it's always fun going through and playing the game of "Where's Grandma?". I love how fun and cheerful this page turned out. It helps show how much fun Grandma had up at the lake with her friends. It makes me smile thinking about it.


The third page is about my Grandpa. I like how this one has a fun, vintage feel without being super girlie. So it suits being used for a page about my Grandpa being silly.


This last one is about my mom and Uncle Ed playing at their Aunt Lulu's house. It's another sweet, happy page. It was fun using the floral paper since it's a pattern I don't usually know how to use. It fits well with them being outside in the photos. I was also excited for a reason to use the geese stickers. They were a perfect fit. I also got to use my Silhouette Cameo for the title. I have to admit though, I picked out the font partially because of the font's name (just like paint colors). It's called lobster so I couldn't resist. I did really like that it was a cursive font. I just had to 'weld' it and it cut out in one long piece, minus the "P".

No comments: