Saturday, January 21, 2012

Isn't She Cute

As promised to my Mom, a page about her. Trying to even up the scrapbook ratio between Mom pages and Dad pages. It also gave me the opportunity to use some of my cute girlie paper. This time it's October Afternoon's "Sidewalks" line. I even used a combination of 12x12 and 8x8 paper. The floral pattern and the strip below the photo is from the 8x8 pack. It's perfect because the patterns are scaled down so it's easier for me to use.



I love pictures of my mom when she was little. Her hair is usually in curls and she's always in cute little dresses.



Lately I've added vellum to a few pages. I matted the photo with it and then pop dotted the whole thing to the page to add an extra layer. I like how it adds more texture without adding more color. The edge is roughed up too to help make it more noticeable.



Here's a close up of the cute chipboard banner. I also added little bows from pink and yellow bakers twine for more detail and texture. Everything's inked too, of course.

No comments: