Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Bunch of Characters

I love Disney World. So much that there may have been a bit of panic during our family Christmas when my uncle mentioned they had closed the Tea Cup ride. First response was, "There's no way they can close the Tea Cups! It's a classic!". The next action was going to Google to find out if he was right. Unfortunately he was right... sort of. Turns out, it's closed temporarily while they're expanding Fantasyland. So the good news is that it'll reopen fall of 2012. The reason for panic was because the news sent me into a flashback of when they closed the Figment ride back in the 90's. Yes, I may have cried. It was my favorite ride. Plus, it had a fun song where the only lyric I can remember is repeating "Imaaaginaaaaation. Imaaaginaaation. Imaaaginaaation. " over and over again. The worst part of the Figment story is that once it reopened, I have to say the "improvements" were a let down. I still love Figment, but I'm not a fan of the new ride. Luckily, with the tea cups I don't think there's a way to mess it up. You sit in the tea cup, you spin the wheel to see how close you can get your Dad to getting sick, and you stop spinning. Pretty straight forward. So in order to preserve my many Disney memories, I've started scrapbooking them. The long term goal is to have an entire Disney album or for it to fill a large chunk of my "family vacations" album.

Here's a Disney page I finished last night about the trip I took in 2003 with my parents. I really like the look of a subtle Disney page. It doesn't use the traditional black, red, and yellow papers with mouse ears all over. I went for bright, colorful patterns and stitched my own set of Mickey ears to help frame the photos.



It was a bit of a challenge getting the ears right. They're not perfect circles so I couldn't use my circle templates. I just sketched, erased, and re-sketched till it looked right.



The title is with my Quickutz font "Lemondrop". It's a fun one. I really like the little Mickey buttons too. Still says "Disney" without being all in your face about it. You can also see the picture of my Dad and I with Woody and Buzz a little better. If I remember right, there was a bit of a line to have our pictures taken with them. Definitely worth it though, of course.

2 comments:

Cindy Bannon said...

To clarify the bottom right picture... Miss Piggy is in the middle.

Unknown said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous that you saw Miss Piggy!!!!