Friday, January 13, 2012

Building Memories

I'm proud to say this page was finished in just one sitting. I was sitting at my table till 1:30 a.m., but it still only took me one night (and a little bit of the morning). Considering the fact I didn't start it till around 10 p.m. it really didn't take me as long to do as some other pages have. The layout is pretty simple because the main feature is the scalloped ribbon border around the photos. I used the new Sew Ribbon punch by We R Memory Keepers that Santa brought me. It took a little bit of measuring to get the corners to match up, but I like how it turned out.



The paper is from October Afternoon's line "Farmhouse". Most of the line is gray and yellow, but I liked the look of the blue on blue from the two papers.



Here's a closeup of the ribbon border and the photos. The photos are of my Dad and Grandpa building our lake cottage. My Dad said the first picture is of when they were building the upstairs floor. They dug the basement out of the side of the hill and then added the rooms upstairs. Since it's on the back of a hill, my Grandma was still looking up while she was taking the picture. That's why it looks like they're on a roof. When he saw the picture, my Dad made the comment "That has to be the upstairs floor. He would've never let me on the roof." The second picture is when they were laying the wood down for the upstairs floor. A little fun fact is that we still have receipts and records of what building supplies they bought and how much they cost. Even better is that it's all in my Grandpa's handwriting. Those will definitely get scrapbooked sooner or later.

No comments: