Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cosmo Cricket Challenge

When Cosmo Cricket posted a challenge where the winner gets published, I was all ears. For this page I used their new line 'Social Club'. The colors in the papers are a lot of fun and the blues and greens felt right for a page about the lake. Their sketch used one 5"x7", but I changed mine to use three photos which still measure out to 5"x7" together.

Here's a detail of the title. I used white Thickers and sprayed them with my coffee shop glimmer mist to turn them brown. They were the right size, but wrong color. (Which was easy enough to fix with the right tools).
On Cosmo's sketch, they had clusters of circles going along the top edge of the page. So for my layout, I punched circles from one of their patterned sheets and turned them into a banner. I stitched two lines first to place my circles on and then stitched one more time over the top to hold them in place. For more dimension, I folded some circles in half and added twine bows.
One of my goals is to eventually get published. I know tons of people submit, so even if it doesn't happen this time, I know I'm trying and still end up with a really cute page I'm proud of.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I went in to the (my) store today and Pam was just receiving this in. I bought two of the sheet with all of the circles and two from the "salt air" collection... the really cool one with all of the colors bursting up, it is called "just keep swimming." I am going to frame them and put them in my living room. I am in love!!!

I love you layout!! I think I am going to have to check out this challenge too....