Thursday, March 17, 2011

Getaway Car

True to my word, here's a page about my Mom when she was little. I've had this picture for awhile, but I've been waiting to get my hands on Crate Paper's 'Toy Box' line. I almost had a heart attack waiting for it to be shipped, but I survived and managed to make my page. I love all the colors and mix of patterns.



This is one of mine and my Mom's favorite pictures. It's just so funny how my uncle's in his car and she's in her crib. Almost like they're planning a breakout... which is why I choose the title "Getaway Car". This page came together pretty quickly for me because I started with a sketch I made the night before. Sketches have been really helpful lately (whether they're originals I've come up with or ones from other places) and are part of the reason I've been able to finish so many pages this month. Here are some close ups of the sticker letters and punch out shapes.
I can't wait to make even more pages with the new Crate lines. I have all of 'Portrait' and 'Emma's Shoppe' to play with too.

1 comment:

Cindy Bannon said...

You are so creative and this page is well done. I love the colors and the layout. You have done a superb job.