Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Panama City circa 1990

Since winter is almost over (hopefully) and my parents have Spring Break just around the corner (Dad teaches high school and Mom works in a middle school media center); I've been nostalgic about the old family vacations we used to take. The kind of vacations where we all piled in a car, left early in the morning while it was still dark, and started driving till Dad couldn't handle it anymore. There are probably as many memories of being in the car as there are of the actual vacation destination. Tara getting car sick, Mom needing a pit stop every few hours, not being able to find a motel at 1 in the morning, and Tara using me as a pillow and drooling on me. Ah... family memories. Several years in the 1990's we'd go to Panama City Beach for Spring Break. We'd stay in the same place every year and visit the same putt putt place. I also remember Bumper Boats, playing shuffle board, burying each other in the sand, and one trip feeding dolphins. So with the nostalgia close at hand, I made a page about Panama City 1990.


It's another page using October Afternoon's 'Seaside'. I think the colors are what I love most about October Afternoon. I was a little nervous about the grid and it being to much pattern, but I really love how it turned out. It helped using only three patterns and mixing in the white. I couldn't resist using the striped pattern though, so I just snuck in a little. Here's a close up of the grid.


Everything is distressed, inked, and stitched. It looks unfinished to me otherwise. I also pop-dotted little words in three of the squares. It's subtle, but I like the descriptive words of "explore", "sailboat", and "ocean". On a side note... isn't my Minnie Mouse shirt awesome? There's even an actual bow on the front where Minnie wears hers. I probably wore this shirt till there were holes in it. And I must say, Tara looks equally awesome. :)

And in other news... my current scrapbook is so full I had to buy a new one. I'm excited about it. It means I have another entire book of memories that can be looked at anytime I want. This is gonna be my picture of the day for yesterday too... that's how excited I am.

No comments: