Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Beginning and college sweethearts

I never posted the first scrapbook page that Crate Paper put on their blog, so I thought I'd go ahead and add it now. It shows off a picture of my parents when they were dating in high school. The paper used is the 'Restoration' line by Crate Paper.





For me, the photos are always the most important. Paper is fun to play with, but I want it to add to the page; not over shadow the pictures. So the background is a neutral color with a subtle texture. That way I could add the flowers and layering without it being too much. The colors of the papers were perfect too since they enhance the colors in the picture.

And here's another page I did about my parents from when they were in college at Butler together. This picture was in their yearbook, but neither of them remember if it was posed or candid. (I'm voting for posed.)




This page uses papers from Basic Grey's 'Max and Whiskers' line and their 'Basics' line. It has a pretty simple background too so embellishments can be added without taking anything away from the picture.
Next, I need to work on a more current page about them. The 80's and 90's are getting skipped because I think I'd have a hard time scrapbooking those pictures without laughing the whole time. I realize fanny packs were helpful back then, but looking back it just makes us look silly. And, yes, I said us. I had my very own fluorescent one.

No comments: