Sunday, January 2, 2011

First page of 2011

Here is my first completed page of 2011. The pictures and papers have been in my "To Scrap" pile since August and now they are finally hanging on my cork board. (I always hang my two most recent pages on my cork board so I can enjoy them for awhile before putting them in their albums.) The pictures are from the State Fair this summer when I went with my friend Erica and her kids.



The papers are Urban Prairie by Basic Grey. My favorite part (well, one of them) is the title. It's just regular kraft cardstock, but I diecut it using the Zootopia Slice cartridge and then ran it through a Basic Grey embossing folder. Inking the edges was the final touch to give it an ice cream cone texture. I love how it turned out. Plus, I always feel good when I can use different tools together. It makes the investment in them seem justified.

I've also been working on clustering embellishments. Just below the title, I layered paper (with a border punched edge), Tim Holtz film strip ribbon (attached with the Tim Holtz tiny attacher), and wrapped some orange twine. Then pop dotted a cardstock sticker with the date. This is a page that's definately fun to see hanging on my wall.

No comments: