Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Magic of Snow

There's something about a fresh covering of snow in the yard that's irresistible. So I recruited Dad to take pictures of me making a snow angel... for the sole purpose of being able to scrapbook it of course. (That's a sign you're a true, dedicated scrapbooker.) To make it even easier, My Mind's Eye posted a sketch challenge where the theme was winter. So I had my photos, a sketch, and the motivation to work on this page.



I used non-winter papers, but ones that had winter colors. The yellow was added for contrast. My favorite thing about doing layouts is all the little details that go into it. Using multiple fonts in the title, wrapping embroidery floss around the letters, stitching down the buttons, and inking the edges of papers are subtle touches that give it a finished look. I'm really happy with how this page turned out and has become one of my favorites... pretty sure I say that about every page though.

No comments: