Friday, February 11, 2011

Their Own Ski Show

Have I mentioned how much I love October Afternoon? It seems lately most of my pages have used either Crate Paper or October Afternoon. This past weekend I finished my first page using October Afternoon's "Seaside". I love papers that are water themed since my family has had a lake cottage since 1950 when my grandparents built it. So the first page with this line is one about my dad and Aunt Kathy skiing. Not sure how old the photo is, but my dad's at least in his early teens.



I really love how this page turned out. It sat on my table for at least a week before I could finish it. Sometimes I worry a page isn't going to turn out how I picture it in my head so I postpone sewing everything down and adding all the details. So Sunday I bit the bullet and did my stitching, added the title, and my ever-present brads... and I'm glad I did. Now it's hanging on my cork board where I can enjoy it.

I also wanted to add I'm really excited about something I just noticed on October Afternoon's website. They have a whole new selection of Mini Market stickers. Those are the type of alphabet that I used for the "Their Own" part of the title. They usually come out with one set per paper line, but now there're 15 different sets to choose from. Luckily they aren't very expensive because I might just have to buy them all. I never thought I'd be addicted to letter stickers. Brads... yes. Paper... of course. Stamps with pennants on them... are you kidding me? But not letters.

No comments: