Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let the marathon begin...

It's been awhile, but I'm back on track with scrapbooking. The planning is over, the scrapbook weekend is over, and I have eleven new pages. I had planned for about 30, so hopefully I'll just keep working on more and posting more. I thought I would get more done, but scrapbooking is a bit of a process with me. Everything gets sanded or distressed, inked, and sewn down. Plus, there was A LOT of die-cutting. It's worth it though when I can get a font out of whatever paper I want (and not have to worry about running out of "e's" or "a's"). So here's the first page of the scrapbooking marathon... it's a page I did about my Great Uncle.

The papers are from My Mind's Eye 'Alphabet Soup' boy line. I love the colors and the patterns were really fun to mix. The sticker letters are new from October Afternoon. (At this point, I got a little tired of die-cutting so having some cute stickers came in handy.)


The story behind the photo is my family was at my Grandma's house and our Great Uncle Bernie let my sister and I tie him to the chair with yarn, put barrettes in his hair, and cover him with dolls. You have to be a great person to let two little girls torture you and still love them.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I loved this pciture. It made the page!