Sunday, April 17, 2011

Life is Better When it's Fun

This is the second page I did over the weekend. Last summer, I went to the State Fair with Erica and her kids. While we were walking by all the food vendors (aka Heart Attack Alley) we saw this Twinkie the Kid cutout and couldn't resist the fun photo op. The background paper is My Mind's Eye and the rest is October Afternoon's 'Seaside.' I've wanted to challenge myself by using the beach/ocean themed line for something non-oceany and the colors ended up matching the photos great. The banner is cut out from one of the patterned papers. I was trying to use it on another layout earlier, but it didn't quite work. So after all the work of cutting it out, I was happy it worked for this one.




The title (taken from my handy dandy 'Inspiration Station' book) is a combination of October Afternoon stickers with a line of stitching run through it. I really love stitching. Anytime I work on a page, nothing looks quite finished till it's stitched.



I also had the kids sign their names for a personal touch. Sarah wrote her name then drew a star next to it. So when it was AJ's turn, he writes his name and asked if he could draw a star. Next was my turn and Erica told me I had to draw one too. I think it turned out cute. Plus, now there's a fun story about the pictures and even one about putting the page together.

No comments: