Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rockets Red Glare

Here's the first page I did over the scrapbooking weekend. It always amazes me how long it can take to put such a simple page together. One thing that makes me feel better is something my Uncle said once, he said "Each page is like a small work of art." Which I completely agree with. The tricky part about this layout was deciding on the size of circles to use and how to overlap them. I do really like how it all came together.

Since the pictures were taken in the evening; I kept the background light and added red, white, and blue for a patriotic theme.



The circles were a mixture of papers from October Afternoon and Girl's Paperie. Another little detail is two straight stitch lines down the circles. Plus, they're distressed and inked. The stars are wood veneers from Studio Calico which I inked to tone down the light wood color. The title was fun too because I used three different Quickutz fonts. It's a mixture of Blossom, Rollerskate, and I think Chocolate. For more texture and interest, the "th" and "July" are cut from cork.


I have to admit, the more I look at this page, the more I like it. I'm proud of how the pictures turned out and the layering. My practice at layering is starting to pay off... I'm still gonna keep trying new things, but I do see an improvement.

No comments: