Saturday, February 19, 2011

Oh, Paper... I love you.

I love the fact that something simple like pretty paper can make me feel so happy. It literally makes me do a happy dance. This happened the other day when the My Mind's Eye paper line 'Stella and Rose' came through the store. I'd seen it all online, but there's nothing better than seeing it all together in person. I bought it Tuesday and was doing a page with some of it on Thursday. It may have been the first time I've done an entire page in one sitting. It was helpful having a sketch I'd thought up earlier, but sometimes partial pages will sit on my table for a week before all the details get nailed down. The colors are kind of worn so I used an old picture of my mom and her older brother from 1954.




It's a relatively simple layout because I was more focused on adding interest with the color combinations. I really like the blue with the accents of orange. It makes the photo stand out nicely. Don't my mom and uncle look cute? (Especially with their hats.)



Here's a close up of the details. I cut the chipboard doily in half because whole, it was really large and I also liked the idea of the half circles. The "All Smiles" sticker seemed perfect for this page and of course I added brads because no page is complete without them.

No comments: