Wednesday, February 23, 2011

They call him "Race Bannon"

One thing that makes me happy is knowing my grandpa, Dad, and myself all ran track in high school. (Plus, Dad was my hurdle coach.) I've also always been very proud of the fact that my dad was a good enough runner to get a scholarship to Butler all four years. So track stories have always been important to me. That's why when I found this picture mixed in with my Grandma's box of photos, I knew it had to be made into a page.



I got a bit of help with the layout from a Crate Paper sketch on their blog and the papers came from their 'Restoration', 'Snow Day', and 'School Spirit' lines. The picture of Dad is from 1965. He got a good chuckle when I showed it to him. Followed by, "Where did you find this picture?". It's fun when he even likes the pages I do.

Here's a detail of the banners I cut out from a 12x12 sheet of the 'School Spirit' line. You can also see the star cut outs. For extra embellishment, I added buttons to the center of the stars and stitched them down with embroidery thread. It's the little touches that really add a lot.

No comments: