Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fun at the State Fair

This past summer, I got to go to the State Fair with my friend Erica and her kids. It's the first time that I really remember going so we took tons of pictures... 155 to be exact. (Luckily Erica scrapbooks too so she understands taking pictures of everything and her kids are used to having the camera pointed at them.) So with all these pictures, I new there'd have to be multiple pages. Instead of making a couple two page spreads, I've done individual pages for each of the picture sets I wanted to use. The "Ice Cream" page from earlier in the year was one, and I've finished two others. One is about the rides and another is about the Fair food we had. The last one I have to do is a general Fair page. It'll kind of be like a title page for the series and will have pictures from the midway and a cute one of the kids... but that's all I'm gonna say so I don't spoil the surprise. Plus, that's as far as I've gotten with the planning.

Here's the one I did about the rides. The background green is by Basic Grey and the rest is SassaFras Lass. "Rides" was diecut with my Quickutz and then I wrapped some orange and white bakers twine around the letters to add some more color. The tickets by Maya Road are a fun detail too. Those are stapled on with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher... aka Tiny Tim. I think the picture of Erica and the kids on the swing ride is one of my favorites I've ever taken.




This is the most recent one I've finished, it's about the fair food we tried. The papers are from Crate Paper's 'School Spirit' line. It's a pretty simple layout, so I embellished it with the stars and buttons. (Hooray for clusters!) A little fun fact... the orange scalloped piece just under the title is the left over portion from the punch at the bottom. I like that it reminds me of a tent canopy.



P.S. If you get a chance to try deep fried Oreos... they're pretty tasty!

No comments: