Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back Together

Last Sunday, my Mom's side of the family had their 100th annual reunion. I hadn't been to one since I was little. So with it being the 100th, I went and was inspired to do a page about the reunion from 1988. I also had some help from My Mind's Eye sketch challenge. Their sketch was for a 12x12 page, but I managed to stretch it into a two page layout. The papers are from their "Lime Twist" line. The colors are fun and the wood grain pattern made me think of a family tree.



On the first page, I enlarged a picture of the whole Pulver family. The women in the front row are my Grandma Pulver (on the left) and her sister, our Great Aunt Lulu (on the right). Part of the sketch challenge was to incorporate the title, "Back to", so I expanded it to "Back Together".



On the second page, I found some more group pictures and ones of my cousins and I.



I think after doing this two page layout, I'm going to try and do more. Especially since anytime our family gets together I always end up taking a ton of pictures. That's what happens when my cousins' kids are so cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how you expanded the sketch to include more pictures!

Kathy Ethington said...

I saw your page on the Mind's Eye blog and love what you have been doing. Keep up the good work, you'll get better at getting the scrapping done. Don't worry about bloging, just do what you like.