Sunday, September 18, 2011

A few of my favorite things

Don't get too used to this... but here's a second page of the day. Back in April, a friend and I went on a scrapbooking weekend. I probably prepared 30 pages to work on and only finished a whopping 11. Next month we're trying to go again so I thought finishing some of the others to make room for more would be a good idea. Plenty of paper has been bought and lots of pictures have been taken since then.

This is a page about some of my favorite things. Sometimes, it seems easier to make pages about other people since I'm behind the camera. So this page is an attempt to put a little bit of me into my scrapbook; tell a story and show some of my personality.



The papers are a mix of My Mind's Eye "Abbey Road", "Lush", and a Jillibean Soup paper. The white splatters are October Afternoon's sprinklers. Which I have to admit, I was brave to use again after spilling half a bottle of yellow sprinklers on my scrap table while working on the page before this one. I like the look, though it has taken some getting used to since I never really thought of it being my style since it's more artsy.



The pictures include my parents' old recliner (which I've called dibs on for when I have my own house), peach Faygo (my Grandma always had some in her pantry for me when we went to visit), circus peanuts (absolute favorite candy), orange sherbet (absolute favorite ice cream), and an old American Eagle sweatshirt (I've had this thing at least since high school).



For the title, I used my "Just Chillin" slice cartridge to spell 'orange' and October Afternoon stickers for the rest. These little alphabet stickers are definitely at the top of my favorite scrapbooking supplies list. Baker's twine is also up there, which I wrapped around the "o" and "g". Add in some machine stitching and a couple brads, and the finishing touches are done.

No comments: