Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Once in a Lifetime Opportunity

In the not so distant future I'm going to be starting my last year in my twenties. I realize this isn't such a big deal to some people, but it feels a lot like a PRETTY BIG DEAL to me. It also tends to resemble a panic attack. I tend to feel like I'm not doing enough or not doing something well enough. It's not a matter of being lazy, it's that I expect a lot from myself. So the other week when I was awake at 2am worrying about my personal life and professional life, I started making a list. Not a list of things I wanted to do (although I do have one of those), but a list of things I have done. It made me feel better. Just because we haven't achieved everything we wanted to, doesn't mean we haven't done anything or we've failed. There's always room for improvement, but to give myself more credit (and a bit of a pep talk) it felt nice to focus on the good things I've done. Now I'm taking my list and scrapbooking it. Two birds with one stone type of thing. Look back on the fun I've had in my twenties so far and get some pages done.

This is the first page from my "Done That" list. After graduating college (on the list) I went to Europe for two and a half weeks. One of many memorable "done that" items was water ski in Greece. The only other place I've water skied is on our lake in northern Indiana so skiing on the Aegean Sea was very, very cool.


The papers are by Studio Calico and I managed to mix in my favorite mini market letters from October Afternoon and My Mind's Eye enamel dots.


 
Later this month I'm going on a scrapbook retreat (over my birthday weekend) so it'll be the perfect time to work more on my "Done That" list.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Love that you made a list. Can't wait to see your pages.