Sunday, February 17, 2013

Project 12: Hello 2013

January already feels like forever ago. These days it's mostly all work and fixing up my house, but I try to make sure a little bit of play gets mixed in too. Highlights were a visit from my seester and brother in law, quality time playing cards and scrapbooking, and my first house party.

 

I was really proud of myself when working on the left hand page because I did all of it with scraps leftover from other pages.  I didn't have to cut up a single 12x12 page. It's good to know it was finally worth holding onto the little pieces I never had the heart to throw away. The line used is Crate Paper's "Storyteller". I like the mix of red, blue, and yellow. It's a different change of pace.


This month, I tried switching up the page protector's layout.  I have a multi pack of We R Memory Keeper protectors with different styles so my challenge to myself is to use a different one each month.  The protector for the right side has three 4x6 openings and a 6x12 opening. It took a lot of thought and planning, but it worked towards my advantage. (I highly doubt non-scrapbookers realize how much thought we put into the smallest details. Of course, if they did know they'd think we were crazy.) I used the 6x12 space to make a narrow scrapbook page of our delayed Christmas with my sister and brother in law. The Christmas papers are from Crate Paper too. It's last year's "Peppermint" line.


I already picked out the paper line I want to use for next month's layout. As of now, it's going to be Crate's valentine line from last year. I don't have a sweetie, but I still want to use the "love" theme for February to document all the other things in my life that I have fond feelings of. Hints: my favorite four legged friend, my appreciation for paper, and snowcones. :)

No comments: