Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cut. It. Out. *Insert Joey Gladstone hand gesture*

Last spring, I splurged and bought a Silhouette Cameo. (This was pre-house so there were more opportunities for splurging... now my goals are set on landscaping and a new garage door. ) The selling point for me was being able to cut any font on my computer or any I could download. So that's mostly what I've done on it. Lately though, I've been learning a lot more on how to use it and have been able to make some of my own designs. Granted, they are very simple designs composed of circles, squares, and welded words; but they are custom for my projects and that makes me very happy. Right now I'm working on cutting some things for my February Project 12 layout. I even made a fun title card that will make it onto a Project 12 page. I'm thinking it'd be good for the title page.

 
 
Another project I used the cameo on is a framed quote for the wall in my scrapbooking room. I'd bought the frame from Hobby Lobby awhile ago and knew I wanted to make some kind of paper piece for inside it, but kept putting it off. Finally I decided to cut the quote from different patterns and two weeks ago when new Studio Calico paper came in, I knew exactly what to do. The paper makes me so stinkin' happy, it's ridiculous.

 
The next project I'm thinking about is cutting each of the states from different patterned papers and mounting them in a large poster frame. Silhouette had a free United States download a while back so it wouldn't be too bad of a project. Picking and choosing which papers to use for each state will be the hardest. Plus, I also had the bright idea of cutting some states from photos if it's a place we've been to before. We'll see how it turns out. It'll either be awesome or another unfinished project in the back of my closet.

No comments: