Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Give me all your candy or else!"

This is my first posting showing some cards I've made. I usually sew on my cards which is why they still fit in with "Stitchology 101". However, these cards are probably the one exception to that.



I don't usually do much for Halloween (my Dad and I actually trick or treat a couple months after Halloween; and affectionately call it "random Halloween") but when I saw this stamp set by Stampendous; I couldn't resist. It was also my first try with watercolor pencils. To cut out the hole on the front, I used my Quickutz nesting circles and then used the same circle with my Marvy scalloped circle punch for the ring on the outside. They have a pretty simple layout, but the cute costumed kids make all the difference.


1 comment:

Curt in Indy said...

OMG Amy!!!! Welcome to the world of blogging!!!! I'm so excited for you and it is about time! I love these cards! Your coloring is gorgeous! Halloween is my fav holiday, and seeing these really gets me in the mood! You did a wonderful job with your blog, and I tell you, it will evolve every month. You'll learn new things (like blog backgrounds)etc, and before you know it, you'll be a pro! You can always email me with questions and I'll be glad to help you any way I can. You are well on your way. I'm going to put you on my sidebar of blogs and I'll try to remember to mention you on one of my upcoming posts to get some new folks looking at your blog and your creations! Best of luck! Curt