Sunday, February 13, 2011

Christmas at the Zoo

In my effort to do something Christmas-y everyday in December, I took Mom and Dad to 'Christmas at the Zoo' one night. It was my first time going, so the top priority was to take lots of pictures (especially when you know it's gonna be a scrapbook page, that way you can make sure there are plenty of good ones to choose from). The coolest thing was how they had all the different lights in the shapes of animals. And being the good sports they are, Mom and Dad even posed by some of the lights for me. Definitely a good night of family fun.

With all the pictures I wanted to use, it was perfect for a two page spread. The left hand page started from a sketch in my 'Page Maps 2' book and then I just carried it over to the right hand page so they'd match up. The papers are from Crate Paper's 'Snowday' line (shocking, right?). This line is perfect since it's obviously Christmas-y, but also because the bright colors of the paper really helped the colored lights in the photos stand out. I tried having them on the cream base alone, but it looked really flat. That's one of the hard parts of taking and using photos for me... it doesn't always look as good as it did in person, or how I remembered it. So by matting the photos or pairing them with different papers, it can really help the colors stand out.
Here's a little detail of my title. All the little pieces are punch outs from the line and the 'zoo' I die cut with a Quickutz font. The string of lights were absolutely perfect and it was another chance to practice my clusters.
Another proud point... these pictures are from less than two months ago and they're already scrapbooked!

No comments: